The Physician Organization of Michigan ACO, LLC (POM ACO) is a physician-led partnership of approximately 6,000 Michigan providers working together to provide better care for patients, better health for populations and lower overall health care costs.
Physician Organization of Michigan ACO, LLC
2600 Green Road, Suite 150-C
Ann Arbor, MI 48105-4631
Terrisca Des Jardins, MHSA
Medicare Shared Savings Program ACOs
For general questions or additional information about Accountable Care Organizations, please visit www.medicare.gov/acos.html or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048.
4-Serv Family Medicine PC
A Bahjat Shahbandar MD PC
Academic Cardiology Associates PC
Adrian Sheremeta MD PC
Advanced Asthma Allergy & Immunology Care PC
Advanced Ophthalmology Associates PLC
Advanced Orthopedic Specialists, PC
Advanced Plastic Surgery, PC
Agha Internal Medicine Associates, PC
Alfonso V O'Neill MD
Allergy & Asthma Care Of W Mi Pc
Allergy&Asthma Care PC
Allergy&Asthma Center of Rochester
Alpine Family Podiatry PC
Anesthesia Associates of Ann Arbor, PLLC
Ankle And Foot Associates Of Northern Michigan Pc
Ann Arbor Endocrinology And Diabetes Associates, P.C..
Arcturus Healthcare, PLC
Arthur R Jeynes DPM, PC
Arthur W Gulick M.D.
Associates in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, P.C.
B.G. Tricounty Neurology & Sleep Clinic, P.C.
Badhwar Associates Inc
Baldwin Family Health Care
Becky J Smith DO PC
Bluesky Health, PLLC
Botsford General Hospital
Bradley E Seel DPM PC
Brett P Wiater MD PC
Brian R. Drabik DO PC
Brighton Family Physicians PC
Browne Medical PLC
Cadillac After Hours Clinic PLLC
Cadillac Chiropractic Center PC
Cadillac Family Physicians PC
Cadillac Orthopaedics PC
Cardiology and Arrythmia Consultants PC
Cardiology Associates of Birmingham PC
Caritas Center for Womens Health, P.C.
Carl E Lipnik MD PC
Carl F. Clavenna, M.D., P.C.
Carl J Kubek Do Pc
Center for Digestive Care LLC
Center for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, P.C.
Charles Christopher Stroud MD PC
Charles H Greenberg, M.D,P.C.
Chelsea Medicine & Laser, PLLC
Chelsea Professional Services
Chowdhury MD PLLC
Christopher D Wilhelm
Clarence Richard Barnett Md Plc
Clawson Internist Pc
Clawson Medical Center PLLC
Clinical Neurophysiology Services, PC
Clinton Womens Healthcare PC
Comorin Kidneycare, PLLC
Comprehensive Health Care Associates and Prevention Medicine P.C.
Corrine L Adler Do Pc
Craig J Gordon, D.O., P.C.
Craig K. Matheson DO PLLC
Craig W Roodbeen Pc
Creekside Vision & Hearing PLC (Eye ENT Specialist)
Croswell Podiatry PLLC
Crystal Lake Clinic PC
David Fivenson MD Dermatology PLLC
David M H Wu MD
David V Spurlin
David W Calton MD PC
Deborah L. Peery, MD
Dermatology Center of Grand Rapids PC
DO CARE PLC
Donna J. Tal, M.D., P.C.
Douglas M. Portz, M.D., P.C.
Dr David W Mansky DPM, PC
Dr. Jack A Dekkinga MD PC
Dr. Jeff Y The D.O.
Dr. Thomas Marvin Hoffman M.D.
Edith Nemeth, M.D. P.L.C.
Efthemios Raphtis MD PC
Emmaus Health PLLC
Endocrine And Metabolic Disorders Center PC
Endscopic Solutions PC
EPMG of Michigan PC
Eugene Y. Su, M.D., PC
Family Medicine PC
Family Practice Centre of Livonia PC
Family Practice of Cadillac PC
Family Tree Medical Associates
Forest Hills Podiatry
Forum Medical Clinic, Pc
Fowlerville Medical Center Plc
Franklin Medical Consultants PC
Freedom Medical Clinic PC
Gastroenterology Specialist PC
Gastrointestinal Specialists PC
Ghabsha, MD - PLLC
Ghiath Tayeb MD PC
Glendale Neurological Associates, P.C.
Goldman and Miller Cardiology PC
Grace Family Care PC
Grand Rapids Women's Health, PC
Grand Valley Medical Specialists PLC
Gregory V Sobol MD
Gretchen L. Heutsche, D.P.M., P.C.
Gursharn S. Dosanjh MD PC
Haller Hug Popp PC
Harris W. Mainster, D.O./P.C.
Hastings Internal Medicine PLC
Healthy Heart and Vascular, PLLC
Heart and Vascular Specialists PC
Heart Care, P.C.
Huron Gastroenterology Associates P.C.
Huron Ophthalmology, P.C.
Huron River Radiation Oncology Specialists, P.C.
Huron Valley Radiology, P.C.
IHA Health Services Corporation
"Immediate Care Medical Center PC
Immediate Care Medical Center PC"
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics Of Bloomfield Pc
Internal Medicine Associates of Michigan, P.C.
Internal Medicine Associates of Southeast Michigan, PC
J Michael Wiater MD PC
James Bauer, M.D., P.C.
Jerome P Wiater MD PC
Jignesh N. Patel, D.O., PLLC
John B Calado DO PC
John D Parmely DO PC
John E Samani MD PC
John E Tower DO PC
John M Schimpke MD PC
John P Lagrand M D P C
John R Medical Clinic PC
Joseph Bruno MD PC
Josephine Iskander, MD PLLC
Jowher Khaleel M.D. P.C.
Kathleen Knapp Do Pc
Keith A. Kobet, M.D., P.C.
Keith C McKenzie M.D., PLLC
Kiley Chiropractic Life Center
L Michael Sterenberg DO PLLC
Lafond Medical P C
Laura E. Babe, M.D., P.L.C.
Laura K Ganger, M.D., P.C.
Laurence A Ulrey MD PC
Lawrence Handler, M.D., P.C.
Levan Internists PC
Lewis & McCorry PC
Lisa Jacobson D.O., P.C.
Livingston Internal Medicine PC
M-15 Family Medical Center
Maine Medical Center Plc
Marc Greenberger MD
Marc M Dunn MD
Marcia Vanderbroek Do Pc
Mark J Klein, DPM, PC
Mark Obrien MD PLC
Mark S. Friedland, M.D., P.C.
Mark W Sawka MD PC
Martin Garber and Kathleen Menerey
Mazen Sabbaq M.D. P.C.
McBain Family Chiropractic Center, PC
McGregor Chiropractic, LLC
Medical Group Practice
Medical Office Of John Vassallo Md
Michael D. ReBock DO PLC
Michigan Adult & Child Medicine PC
Michigan Brain and Spine Institute PC
Michigan Ear Institute PLLC
Michigan Family Physicians PC
Michigan Orthopaedic Institute, P.C.
Michigan Orthopaedic Spine Surgeons PC
Michigan Otolaryngology Surgery
Michigan Pain Consultants, PC
Michigan Pain Institute, P.C.
Midmichigan Health Services
MidMichigan Medical Center-Midland
Millman-Derr Center for Eye Care, P.C.
Mohammed Wael Al-Meri, M.D., P.C.
Morang Chester Clinic P C
Muaiad Shihadeh MD PC
Munson Healthcare Cadillac
Munson Healthcare Grayling
Nada D Bachuri MD, PC
Nancy F Mansour-Habib MD PC
Naser N Sukhon MD PC
North Woodward Internal Medicine Assoc Pc
Northern Michigan Endocrine PLLC
Northwood Physicians PC
Norton, Klein, Hug, Sabin & Maddens, M.D., P.C.
Oakland Gastroenterology Associates, P.C.
Orion Family Physicians PC
Otsego Memorial Hospital
Packard Health, Inc.
Pamela J Hackl DO PLC
Parchment Family Practice PC
Partners In Family Health Plc
Patrick J Wiater MD
Paul DeWitt Jr. MD
Primary Care Specialists PC
Proctor ENT PLC
Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep P.C.
Ram Surendran M.D. Inc
Randall Street Medical PC
Rebecca Patrias, MD
Regents of the Univ of Michigan-Ambulatory Ctr for Vein Treatment
Regents of the University of Michigan
Renal Associates of West Michigan PC
Richard C Weiermiller Jr MD PLLC
Riverbend Healthcare PC
Riverwood Family Medicine PC
Robert Kendell DO PC
Robert O. Go, M.D., P.C.
Robert Vartabedian M.D.
Rochester Colon And Rectal Pc
Rochester Family Physicians, PC
Rochester General Surgery PLC
Rochester Knee and Sports Medicine PC
Roger D Ajluni MD PC
Rolando Estupigan DO PC
Ronald P. Adelman DPM, PLLC
Ronald Sanda, M.D.
Ronald Vanderlaan, Md, Pllc
Sase Persaud MD PC
Sean A Matuszak MD PC
Shehada MD PLLC
Sheila P Meftah, Md, Pllc
Sheldon Gonte MD
SJMHS Livingston Orthopedic Surgical Group
Smita Bijlani MD PC
Soorya Sharma MD PC
Southeast Internal Medicine PLLC
St. Mary Mercy Physician Practices
Steven H Schechter MD
Steven S. Zeldes, M.D., P.C.
Stonebrooke Family Physicians PLLC
Stont Creek Internal Medicine Plc
Sudha Nannapaneni MD PLLC
Suzanne Romadan M.D., P.C.
T & J Family Medical Associates PLLC
Terry D Howell MD
Thomas J W Bering MD PC
Thomas Magnell MD,PC
Thornapple Ophthalmology Assoc PC
Thornapple Valley Family Physicians PC
Toni Ballitch Trate Do Pc
Troy Family Practice, PLLC
Troy Gastroenterology PC
Vascular & Endovascular Associates PLC
Warren B Fields MD
Washtenaw Medicine, P.C.
West Michigan Family Health, PC
Western Michigan Bone & Joint Surgeons PC
William F Murray MD PC
William P Bowman MD PC
William S. Goldstein, M.D., P.C.
Your Physicians P.C.
ACO Participants in Joint Ventures Between ACO Professionals and Hospitals
NOTE: No participants are involved in a joint venture between ACO professionals and hospitals.
- Michael Williams MD, Voting Member and Chair, ACO Participant, Arcturus Healthcare, PLC (United Physicians)
- Randall Clark MD, Voting Member and Vice Chair, ACO Participant, Riverwood Family Medicine PC (Answer Health)
- Bev Nugent, MBA, Voting Member and Treasurer, (Michigan Health Corporation)
- Madhura Mansabdar MD, Voting Member and Secretary, Physician Organization Representative
- Timothy Peterson MD, Voting Member and ACO Executive, ACO Participant, Regents of the University of Michigan
- Randall Bickle DO, JD, Voting Member and Compliance Officer, ACO Participant, St. Mary Mercy Physician Practices
- Steven Bernstein MD, MPH, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Regents of the University of Michigan
- Michael Sanson, MD, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Washtenaw Medicine, P.C. (Huron Valley Physicians Association)
- Jerome Frankel DO, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Botsford General Hospital (Oakland Southfield Physicians)
- Lisa Harrington DO, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Munson Healthcare Grayling (Wexford PHO)
- Robert Jones MD, Voting Member, Physician Organization Representative
- Martin McGough MD, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Academic Cardiology Associates PC (United Physicians)
- Gregory Monroe DO, Voting Member, ACO Participant, DO CARE PLC (Olympia Medical)
- Kimberly Norris MD, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Creekside Vision & Hearing PLC (Answer Health)
- Mohammad Salameh MD, Voting Member, ACO Participant, IHA Health Services Corporation (Integrated Health Associates)
- Jeffrey Sanfield MD, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Ann Arbor Endocrinology and Diabetes Associates, P.C. (Huron Valley Physicians Association)
- Rodrigo Tobar, Jr. DO, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Family Medicine PC (Oakland Southfield Physicians)
- Marti Walsh MD, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Executive Medical Director, IHA Health Services Corporation (Integrated Health Associates)
- James Whelan MD, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Cadillac Family Physicians PC (Wexford PHO)
- Georgiann Ziegler, Voting Member, Medicare Beneficiary Representative
- Terrisca Des Jardins, Non-Voting Member, POM ACO Administrative Director
- Mary Greeley, Non-Voting Member, Community Stakeholder
- Maria Han, MD, Non-Voting Member, Community Stakeholder
- Jeni Hughes, Non-Voting Member, Community Stakeholder
- Melissa Kirshner, Non-Voting Member, Community Stakeholder
- Michelle Ilitch, Non-Voting Member, Community Stakeholder
- Deb Roberts, Non-Voting Member, Community Stakeholder
- Kim Speese, Non-Voting Member, Community Stakeholder
- Deborah Withrow, Non-Voting Member, Community Stakeholder
Key ACO Clinical and Administrative Leadership
- ACO Executive: Timothy A. Peterson, MD, MBA, FACEP
- Medical Director and Quality Assurance/Improvement Officer: Marti Walsh, MD
- Compliance Officer: Randall Bickle, MD, JD
ACO Committees and Committee Leadership:
- Clinical Management and Oversight: Marti Walsh, MD, Chair
- Compliance: Randall Bickle, MD, JD, Chair
- IT & Clinical Decision Support: Sandeep Vijan, MD, Chair
- Medicare Beneficiary: Georgiann Ziegler, Chair
- Operations and Finance: Jeni Hughes, Chair
Types of ACO Participants or Combinations of Participants that Formed POM ACO
- ACO professionals in a group practice arrangement,
- A network of individual practices of ACO professionals,
- A hospital employing ACO professionals,
- A federally qualified health center (FQHC), and
- A rural health center (RHC)
Shared Savings and Losses:
Agreement period beginning 2013, Performance Year 2015: $0
Agreement period beginning 2013, Performance Year 2014: $12,075,693
- Proportion invested in infrastructure: Approximately 50%
- Proportion invested in redesigned care processes/resources: Approximately 15%
- Proportion of distribution to ACO Participants: Approximately 35%
Agreement period beginning 2013, Performance Year 1: $0
Payment Rule Waivers
No, our ACO does not utilize the SNF 3-day Rule Waiver. Please see our Compliance Website for a detailed list of other waivers utilized by POM ACO.
Quality Performance Results:
2015 Quality Performance Results:
2012-2014 Quality Performance Results:
POM ACO has a number of resources for people who have a question or concern about compliance. The POM ACO Compliance Hotline has been established as a way to raise financial, regulatory and patient safety issues.
POM ACO is committed to providing an environment where individuals can safely and confidentially come forward to identify potential serious inquiries.
Callers to the POM ACO Compliance Hotline can remain anonymous. Customary resolutions methods, such as talking with your supervisor or physician organization's leaders, are still important first-line approaches for reporting compliance concerns to try to reach a resolution locally.
The POM ACO Compliance Hotline is available for situations where conventional channels are uncomfortable or otherwise inappropriate, or when you wish to remain anonymous. Please keep in mind however, that certain types of reports may be difficult to pursue if you choose to remain anonymous.
POM ACO has contracted with a professional compliance call center to handle the calls and route information back to the appropriate areas for handling. You may contact them by phone or by submitting an on-line form 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Toll free number 1-855-260-0919
On-line form www.reportlineweb.com/pomaco
Required Public Disclosure Document
ACO Participation Waiver
Physician Organization of Michigan ACO, LLC (“ POM ACO”)
POM ACO has entered into a Medicare Shared Savings Program (“MSSP”) Participation Agreement with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”), effective January 1, 2013 (“Participation Agreement”). CMS and the Office of Inspector General for the United States Department of Health and Human Services (“HHS OIG”) jointly issued waivers in connection with the MSSP that waive the application of the federal fraud and abuse laws to certain MSSP arrangements, including the federal Anti-Kickback Statute and Physician Self- Referral Law so long as certain conditions prescribed by the final waivers are satisfied. One such waiver is the ACO Participation Waiver, which waives the federal fraud and abuse laws provided certain conditions are met, including the following: (i) the ACO has entered into a participation agreement and remains in good standing; (ii) the ACO satisfies certain governance, leadership and management requirements; (iii) the ACO’s governing body has made and duly authorized a bona fide determination that the arrangement is reasonably related to the purposes of the Shared Savings Program; (iv) the arrangement and its authorization are documented; and the description of the arrangement is publicly disclosed, pursuant to certain additional guidance set forth by CMS and OIG.
This document is intended to meet the public disclosure requirements set forth in the final waivers. This document will be supplemented as additional arrangements arise consistent with the timing requirements set forth by CMS and OIG in the final rule.
- At a meeting on January 22, 2016, of the POM ACO Board of Managers (“Board”), the Board made a bona fide determination that certain agreements between Quality Review Organizations (“QROs”) (a list is set forth in Appendix A to this document) and QRO participants (which are defined as ACO participants) are reasonably related to the purposes of the shared savings program. In furtherance of the goals of the MSSP, POM ACO contracts with QROs to ensure quality of care provided by QRO participants in a particular region and each QRO makes payments to each of its QRO participants in a manner detailed to CMS in the Participation Agreement.
- At a meeting on Janury 22, 2016, of the Board, the Board made a bona fide determination that agreements between POM ACO and each QRO are reasonably related to the purposes of the shared savings program. Each QRO provides quality improvement and similar functions at a regional level on behalf of POM ACO and furthermore, makes distributions of the shared savings payment (if earned) to its QRO participants based upon certain metrics that have been previously provided to CMS in the Participation Agreement.
- At a meeting on January 22, 2016, of the Board, the Board made a bona fide determination that an agreement for independent contractor Medical Director services between POM ACO and one of its QROs was reasonably related to the purposes of the shared savings program. Consistent with existing regulatory requirements at 42 CFR Part 425, POM ACO is required to obtain the services of a Medical Director. The Medical Director provides a broad range of medico-administrative services, including, without limitation, programmatic development around various clinical initiatives, and assistance to ACO Participants with ACO readiness activities.
- At a meeting on April 22, 2016, of the Board, the Board made a bona fide determination that a Management Services Agreement between POM ACO and University of Michigan is reasonably related to the purposes of the shared savings program. University of Michigan retains highly-trained staff experienced in certain areas, including, without limitation, providing clinical leadership and health informatics services. The Board has made the determination that from a cost-effectiveness standpoint, it is efficient to secure these services for POM ACO through an agreement with University of Michigan. The services provided pursuant to the agreement are explicitly defined in a budget that is pre-approved by the Board.